Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT) is a rapidly growing institution situated along the Nyeri-Mweiga road in Nyeri County with a student population of about six thousand students.
The university is offering a variety of programmes at diploma, undergraduate, masters and PhD levels and is currently operating in three main centers namely the Main Campus along the Nyeri-Mweiga Road, Nyeri Town and Nairobi Town.
Plans are underway to establish centers in other regions with an aim of catering for the unique needs of the identified areas.
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology is looking for suitable personnel who will support this expansion as outlined below.
1. Academic Division : Academic Staff
The positions available are in the School of Engineering, School of Business Management and Economics, School of Computer Science and Information Technology, School of Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Institute of Food Bioresources Technology, Institute of Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality Management and Institute of Geothermal, Energy training and Research (GETRI), Institute of Geomatic, Geospatial Systems and Remote Sensing,
- Professor DeKUT/ACA38/11/13
- Associate Professor DeKUT/ACA/39/11/13
- Senior Lecturer DeKUT/ACA/40/11/13
- Lecturer DeKUT/ACA/41/11/13
- Assistant Lecturer DeKUT/ACA/42/11/13
2. Non-Teaching Staff
- Registrar (RTMCL) Grade 15 DeKUT/NAC/43/11/13
- Deputy Registrar (RTMCL) Grade 14 DeKUT/NAC/44/11/13
- Registrar (AA) Grade 15 DeKUT/NAC/45/11/13
- Registrar (Administration& Finance) Grade 15 DeKUT/NAC/46/11/13
- E-learning Manager Grade 11 DeKUT/NAC/47/11/13
- E-Leaning content Developers Grade 8/9 DeKUT/NAC/48/11/13
- System Administrators Grade 9 DeKUT/NAC/49/11/13
- Webmaster Grade 9 DeKUT/NAC/50/11/13
- Senior Administrative Assistant I Grade 11 DeKUT/NAC/51/11/13
- Senior Administrative Assistant III Grade 9 DeKUT/NAC/52/11/13
- Assistant Accountant I Grade 8 DeKUT/NAC/53/11/13
- Registry Supervisor Grade 8 DeKUT/NAC/54/11/13
- Procurement Assistant Officer II Grade 8 DeKUT/NAC/55/11/13
- Procurement Assistant I Grade 6 DeKUT/NAC/56/11/13
- Clinical Officer Grade 10 DeKUT/NAC/57/11/13
- Drivers Grade 6 DeKUT/NAC/58/11/13
Interested applicants should visit the University websitewww.dkut.ac.ke
for detailed description of the requirements and responsibilities for each of the positions.
Qualified candidates should submit three (3) applications and curriculum vitae giving details of their academic and professional qualifications, research, publications, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees plus copies of certified certificates and testimonies to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology,
P.O Box 657-10100,
Nyeri – Kenya.
Applications and referees’ confidential reports on the applicant’s suitability for the post should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before 2nd January, 2014.
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology is an equal opportunity employer.
DeKUT is ISO 9001: 2008 Certified
Better Life Through Technology