Data Production Specialist Job in Kenya
Data Production Specialist (SQL Developer)
Reporting to the Project & Group Projects Manager, The Data Production Specialist works as part of the Projects Team based in Kenya, and is primarily tasked with producing and enhancing the company’s implementation of data
Main purpose of job
The Data Production Specialist is responsible for data conversion and integration based on one to multiple data source(s) and destination(s), to proactively meet customer needs as defined in a Functional Specification.
- Design, develop, deploy and support SSIS/ETL Packages/Routines
- Design, develop and maintain MSSQL 2005/2008/2012 database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, functions, triggers, indexes, constraints, etc.
- Analyze data to identify root-cause of issues related to data warehouse and ETL processes, and provide troubleshooting expertise in resolving technical issues
- Develop and automate ETL processes that follow standards and best practices and are highly optimized
- Create and amend Crystal Reports and other types of printed output
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Microsoft Certification in SQL
- Demonstrable experience with T-SQL, SSIS and Microsoft database tools. Experience with SSRS, SSAS an added advantage.
- Optimize T-SQL/SSIS performance and processing methods.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the data and applications through analysis, coding and problem resolution.
- Experience specializing in transforming XML, Flat files, or other delimited formats into RDBMS.
- Provide input into standards and best practices for code development.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports added advantage.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.