Data Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 15, 2014
Based at the head office in Nairobi, the data manager will be at the core of data management activities of various projects being implemented on behalf of various clients.
- Must possess a Bachelors degree in computer science, applied mathematics or statistics, and information technology from a recognized university
- Minimum of 2 years data management experience required.
- Ability to design/develop computer databases, demonstrated experience with SAS/SPSS/STATA/R programming for data manipulation/report writing, production, processing, and documentation skills
- Experience cleaning data and performing quality assurance procedures
- Ability to identify and resolve potential or current data problems
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff in all cadres
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate and work as a team
- Good judgment in problem solving, awareness of own limitations, and strong internal motivation essential
- Be able to prioritize tasks and meet set deadlines.
- Field experience with data collection preferred
- Experience with humanitarian organizations will be an asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an in-depth understanding and review of research designs and study methodologies
- Undertake a wide range of data processing including production of reports
- Provide feed back to the team leaders regarding the quality assurance of data, detected deficiencies and corrective action needed in the databases
- Deal with routine problems arising in the course of data handling
- Perform data cleaning
- Support in data analysis
- Work well with members of the research teams including field workers, field supervisors, statisticians, research coordinators and clients’ representatives
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Interested persons to send a cover letter and current CV to [email protected] or apply online by clicking here so as to reach not later than 5pm on Friday January 17th 2014.
The CV should provide day-time telephone contact and a reliable e-mail address.
We pride ourselves as equal opportunity employer.
Due to high volume of applications we are likely to receive, we are sorry that only successful applicants will be contacted.
No phone calls please