Danish Refugee Council Deputy Coordinator, Somalia Protection Cluster Job Vacancy
The purpose of the Deputy Coordinator position is to strengthen NGO participation and support to field Protection Clusters in order to enhance humanitarian protection programme and advocacy responses.
- Protection cluster meetings, information exchange and representation and follow up of key decisions and action points
- Represent the Protection Cluster in discussions with donors and other stakeholders.
- Strategic planning and reporting ensuring these are in line with Cluster objectives.
- Provide practical guidance and support to the field Protection Clusters and Technical Working groups.
- Develop gender-sensitive protection tools for needs assessment.
- Design, facilitate and deliver protection trainings including tools for protection mainstreaming in emergency response and protection needs assessments.
- Capacity development to cluster partners in particular national NGOs.
- Identify key advocacy concerns and consolidate policy positions.
- Liaise with donors to mobilise resources for joint protection response and update donors on Protection Cluster priorities and needs.
- Masters’ degree in Human Rights or International Law.
- Extensive practical work experience within the field of human rights particularly in the field of migrants/refugee protection.
- Experience working with international and national NGOs, UN agencies, line ministries and local authorities in displacement/ refugee settings in complex emergencies.
- Experience working in Somalia and fluency in Somali language is preferable.