Dairy Manager Job in Kenya
Our Client is a community based initiative that was established in 2005, by a group of women who wanted to bulk and sell their milk collectively.
The Society’s main activity revolves around milk collection, transportation, chilling and marketing of members’ milk to processors. The Society aims to increase farmers’ access to milk markets through the establishment of business hub, a centralized location for amassing milk production and selling.
The hub will also provide other aggregate services including input /agro vet stores, saving and loan services.
Currently the Dairy has 4,500 members and targets to expand from Loitokitok, Magadi, Mashuru, Central, Isinya and Namanga Divisions. Our client is looking to fill the position of Dairy Managerreporting to Chairman of the Board
- Ensure efficient management and operations of the Cooperative
- Ensure that the milk collection process is effective, efficient and flawless;
- Create structures and activities that foster excellent customer service delivery and maintain a positive image for the company
- Approve payment vouchers, petty cash vouchers and suppliers’ invoices as per set authorization limits
- Implement administration systems controls, in order to eliminate losses to the Cooperative through revenue leakage
- Manage company’s Cooperative assets including building, equipment and human personnel.
- Supervise all staff and handle all matters related to human resources and staff performance management
- Collaborate with external partners to increase milk production for farmers in the region
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual budgets are prepared and communicated to the Board members for approval.
- Attend Board members meetings as a senior management member and provide advice on technical issues concerning dairy production and management
- Meet revenue targets set by the Board within agreed timelines
- Implement Board decisions and annual general meetings resolutions
- Relevant degree in business related field
- Experience in working for Dairy Cooperative will be an added advantage
- 28 years and above
- Hardworking and self-motivated
- Understanding of the Maasai language added advantage