DAI Request for Expression of Interest in Dhobley and Geriley in Somalia
Posted: Aug 21, 2013
DAI Request for Expression of Interest for Undertaking Hydrogeological Surveys for Boreholes in Dhobley and Geriley in Somalia
Request for Expression of Interest for Undertaking Hydrogeological Surveys for Boreholes in Dhobley and Geriley in Somalia
DAI, implementer of the USAID funded Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) Somalia Program; invites qualified firms for HYDROGEOLOGICAL SURVEYS FOR BOREHOLES IN DHOBLEY AND GERILEY IN SOMALIA.
The purpose of the hydrogeological / geophysical survey is to explore the possibility of identifying an aquifer that has potential as a groundwater source for Dhobley and Geriley communities Water Supply Project.
The study will evaluate the groundwater situation as it is, through collecting any available relevant data (e.g. drilling logs), evaluating data from the surrounding boreholes, carrying out field geophysical measurements and reviewing any available previous survey report(s) to form the hydrogeological geophysical survey report which will be in accordance with the clients preferences and in accordance to International Organization for Standardization (ISO) hydrological frame work reference ISO/TR 14685.2001 or equivalent.
Dhobley and Geriley are located along Somalia Kenya border with access from Kenya through Liboi town for Dhobley and through Wajir town for Geriley.
The security is generally calm and the population is ever increasing resulting in demand for more water resources in both towns.
Interested firm should provide us with the following information when sending expression of interest.
- Verification that the firm has the relevant equipment to carry out the survey. Confirm whether the firm owns the required equipment or will be hired.
- Profile and the qualification of the lead consultant
- Success rate of the hydrogeological surveys of borehole previously undertaken
- Experience in providing similar services in Somalia is preferred.
The firm must also have the necessary tools and equipment for the surveys which includes but not limited to:-
Hydro (geo) logical equipment (includes one backup each):
- 2 EC meter,
- 2 TDS/pH meter,
- 2 compass/GPS,
- 2 stereoscope
- 2 electrical water level dipper: 100 m
- 1 set of Electric Resistivity/IP Equipment ABEM SAS 1000 Terrameter with accessories;
- Geophysical interpretation software;
If required the Consultant can also avail
- 1 set of Electro Magnetic Profiling Equipment Geonics EM-34-3 with accessories;
Field Office Equipment:
- 1 Notebook computer (P4)
- 1 Global Positioning System
- Drawing and tracing equipment
- Digital Camera
Use the email provided below to send the expression of interest together with information requested above.
Deadline for receipt of EOI’s is 23rd August, 2013 at 4:00 PM local Time.
Only firms whose Expression of Interest are received by the deadline will receive the Scope of work with detailed specification (s) and evaluation criteria for the for HYDROGEOLOGICAL SURVEYS.