DAI Monitoring and Evaluation Expert Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
Objective of the Programme:
DAI is preparing for an anticipated DFID and the Nike Foundation funded Programme; Assets to Adolescent Girls. The Programme will aim to address constraints to the economic empowerment of adolescent girls in developing countries.
Scope of Work:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Expert will be responsible for the design and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation systems for the Assets to Adolescent Girls Programme.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement gender sensitive M&E systems and processes
- Ensure baseline data collection is conducted at the start of the programme and that data is collected regularly against indicators
- Work with the grantees to establish effective business relevant monitoring and learning systems
- Develop and drive a sound project performance monitoring and evaluation plan
- Develop monitoring and evaluation reports. Monitor overall initiative on a monthly basis to inform six monthly recommendations for programme improvements and adaptations
- Develop monitoring and evaluation strategy so lessons learned are incorporated into activities to achieve greater impact. Produce six monthly summaries of lessons learned from all aspects of the programme to package and disseminate results
- Develop sound performance management indicators
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong understanding of key approaches to monitoring and evaluation and the delivery of value for money
- Experience working on donor funded projects, ideally with DFID
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating Grant Fund/ Challenge Fund Projects
- Fluency in English is essential
- Experience working in Africa and South Asia is preferred
- Good people and communications skills
Anticipated Project Start Date: April 2014
Project Duration: Three to four years