DAI Knowledge Management Expert Job in Nairobi, Kenya
About DAI: DAI is an employee-owned global development company.
Objective of the Programme: DAI is preparing for an anticipated DFID and the Nike Foundation funded Programme; Assets to Adolescent Girls. The Programme will aim to address constraints to the economic empowerment of adolescent girls in developing countries.
Scope of Work: The Knowledge Management Expert will be responsible for ensuring that knowledge management is an integral part of the Assets to Adolescent Girls Programme.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Through an M&E framework, establish effective knowledge management processes across the programme, ensuring efficient consolidation of results, success stories and other programme updates across all team members, implementing partners and DFID representatives, working closely with the M&E Expert, Country Relationship Managers and the grantees
- Produce and distribute lessons learned, case studies and evaluation reports are disseminated to stakeholders in governments, NGO’s, donor organisations, foundations, the private sector, academic and research institutions in and beyond the target countries
- Conduct regular “failure” sessions to enable programme staff and grantees to share their lessons from failure and opportunities for development
- Support compilation of quarterly and annual reports on the project’s progress
- Direct the regular production of project marketing materials such as success stories, presentations, and two-page briefs, in collaboration with office and technical staff
- Ensure timely reporting on progress against agreed results to DFID
- 7 years of experience working with knowledge management
- Experience working with international donor-funded projects preferably DFID, international non-governmental organisations on relevant programs in increasing economic growth, market development, employment and incomes
- Strong skill set in reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Strong knowledge of Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and the rest of the target countries would be an advantage
- Ability to effectively represent the programme with the community and donors
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with staff, donors, government counterparts and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in team environment
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, strong facilitation, training, and writing abilities
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English is essential
How to Apply:
Anticipated Project Start Date: April 2014
Project Duration: Four to five years