DAI Investor Relations Expert Jobs in Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda
Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
Objective of the Programme:
DAI is preparing for an anticipated DFID and the Nike Foundation funded Programme; Assets to Adolescent Girls. The Programme will aim to address constraints to the economic empowerment of adolescent girls in developing countries.
Scope of Work:
The Investor Relations Expert will work to source corporate sponsors, potential impact investors and will work with the grantees to become investment ready.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source corporate programme sponsors to provide financial contributions, subsidised/pro bono technical assistance, hub and/or event sponsorship and grantee access to supply chains and distribution networks
- Source potential investors for grantee enterprises
- Work with the grantees to ensure they are investment ready
- Coach grantees to deliver investor pitches
- Participate in the grantee selection process to provide guidance on investable ventures
- Work in close collaboration with the Country Relationship Managers to develop a database of potential investors
- Establish an alumni network for alumni grantees and others to promote the programme
- Deliver investor education events and tools for key target investors, that increase attendance of impact investors at annual “pitch camps”
- Identify and collaborate with other investor education initiatives
- Support the development of local partnerships, providing information and forging relationships with local service providers, impact investors, and private sector businesses
- Work with Communications Adviser and Knowledge Management Adviser to promote programme learning and sharing of achievements within country and between other programme target countries
- Minimum of 10 years’ working at the cutting edge of development
- Strong working knowledge of the private sector
- Experience working with corporate sponsors and investors
- Experience working with venture capital, private equity or impact investors
- Strong local network of private sector and business leaders, development experts, mentors, investors, development programs and NGOs, etc.
- Experience working with woman and girls in the development world
- Proven experience developing and managing networks of local and international organisations from the public, private and third sectors
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Fluency in English (both written and oral) and fluency the primary language of the country of work is essential
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa and/or South and South East Asia is highly desirable
How to Apply:
Anticipated Project Start Date: April 2014
Project Duration: Three to four years