DAI Human Centred Design Specialist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
About DAI: DAI is an employee-owned global development company.
Objective of the Programme: DAI is preparing for an anticipated DFID and the Nike Foundation funded Programme; Assets to Adolescent Girls.
Scope of Work: The role will provide on-going advice to the grantees around their product development. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya but will require travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the grantees to provide access to safe spaces to prototype their products on an on-going basis
- Deliver on-going advice to grantees on product development and make recommendations and connections for future support and technical assistance
- Work with grantees to develop ideas and improve the design of their products
- Work with grantees to prototype their product and ultimately become investment ready
- Coordinating closely with the Country Relationship Managers, ensure all business models developed are women focused
- Continuously assess the impact that any intervention or development would have the girls themselves
- Minimum of 7 years’ working at the cutting edge of development, product and business development, and/or social enterprise
- Knowledge and experience working with women and girl entrepreneurs
- Strong working knowledge of the private sector
- Experience in Human Centred Design (HCD), prototyping and business and financial modelling
- Experience working with innovative social enterprises and SME’s to grow and scale
- Experience working with woman and girls in the development world
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Fluency in English (both written and oral) and fluency the primary language of the country of work is essential
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa and/or South East Asia is highly desirable
How to Apply:
Anticipated Project Start Date: April 2014
Project Duration: Four to five years