Country Relationship Managers in Kenya or Uganda – Assets to Adolescent Girls
About DAI: DAI is an employee-owned global development company.
For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability.
Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries.
Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Objective of the Programme: DAI is preparing for an anticipated DFID and the Nike Foundation funded Programme; Assets to Adolescent Girls.
The Programme will aim to address constraints to the economic empowerment of adolescent girls in developing countries.
It will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and operate across Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Bangladesh. Grantees of the Programme will receive financial and non-financial support to develop their products and business models.
Scope of Work: We are seeking applications from highly experienced technical and managerial experts for the role of Country Relationship Manager based in Kenya or Uganda.
This critical role will work directly with grantees and facilitate access to partners and technical assistance to identify, support and scale businesses that have products and services that benefit girls.
- Minimum of 6 years’ working at the cutting edge of development, product and business development, and/or social enterprise
- Experience working with innovative social enterprises and SME’s to grow and scale
- Understanding of Human Centred Design (HCD), prototyping, business and financial modelling, investment and venture capital, distribution and marketing, and other elements critical to scaling successful products and businesses
- Strong local network of private sector and business leaders, development experts, mentors, investors, development programs and NGOs, etc.
- Experience working with woman and girls in the development world
- Ability to identify challenges and match expertise to problems for solutions
- Proven experience developing and managing networks of local and international organisations from the public, private and third sectors
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Fluency in English (both written and oral) and fluency the primary language of the country of work is essential,
- Experience working in either Kenya or Uganda is essential
Advanced Degree in Economics, Finance or Business or other related field preferred
Anticipated Project Start Date:
Project Duration: Four to five years
Nairobi, Kenya, with occasional travel
How to Apply:
*Please note that all profiles are indicative only and therefore subject to change.*