DAI Country Relationship Managers Jobs in Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda
Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
Objective of the Programme:
DAI is preparing for an anticipated DFID and the Nike Foundation funded Programme; Assets to Adolescent Girls. The Programme will aim to address constraints to the economic empowerment of adolescent girls in developing countries.
Scope of Work:
We are seeking applications from highly experienced technical and managerial experts for the role of Country Relationship Manager based in Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for supporting an innovative portfolio of 6 businesses to refine and scale products that benefit girls at the country-level
- Identify and encourage businesses and individuals with innovative and scalable product ideas to apply for the program support and grants
- Co-ordinate the relationships between the grantees, mentors and technical assistance
- Develop and manage the Girls Advisory Committee (to consist of 5 or 6 girls per country)
- Support the development of local partnerships, providing information and forging relationships with local service providers, investors, and private sector businesses
- Identify challenges for product and business growth and identify appropriate technical expertise
- Negotiate the use of workspaces by grantees in innovation labs or hubs in country
- Develop a database of pre-approved international and local technical assistance providers covering the following services – business development services, sector specific technical support, distribution and logistics support and girl safety support
- Work with the Investor Relations Manager to source corporate sponsors to provide financial and non-financial contributions to grantees enterprises
- Work with Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor to promote programme learning and sharing of achievements within country and between other programme target countries
- Minimum of 6 years’ working at the cutting edge of development, product and business development, and/or social enterprise
- Experience working with innovative social enterprises and SME’s to grow and scale
- Understanding of human centered design (HCD), prototyping, business and financial modeling, investment and venture capital, distribution and marketing, and other elements critical to scaling successful products and businesses
- Strong local network of private sector and business leaders, development experts, mentors, investors, development programs and NGOs, etc.
- Experience working with woman and girls in the development world
- Ability to identify challenges and match expertise to problems for solutions
- Proven experience developing and managing networks of local and international organisations from the public, private and third sectors
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Fluency in English (both written and oral) and fluency the primary language of the country of work is essential,
- Experience working in either Rwanda, Kenya or Uganda is essential
How to Apply:
Anticipated Project Start Date: April 2014
Project Duration: Three to four years