DAI Consultant Opportunity to Review Files, Payments & Procurements and Review the Accuracy of Sample Documentation
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 21, 2014
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program
The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to build community cohesion, and to strengthen citizens-government relationships.
The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Consultant.
Purpose: TIS-DAI would like to engage a consultant for a short term period and would like him/her to accomplish the following tasks:-
1. Ensure that reviewed files, vouchers/payments and procurements are as complete as possible and give recommendations.
2. To review the accuracy of a sample of documentation.
Qualifications and Skills Sought:
- University degree in Accounting, Financial Management or commerce – a graduate/Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certification in accounting (i.e. CPA-K) added value.
- 7 years’ experience with USAID procurement and grants management or 7 years’ experience with finance or process audits, preferably of international development organizations
- Excellent report writing skills, an ability to work with high levels of autonomy and a strict adherence to deadlines
- Previous auditing experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance standards.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
Languages: Excellent oral and written English and Somali language skills are required
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
(1) a CV
(2) current position and salary history and
(3) three professional references
Closing date: Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.