DAI Business Growth Specialist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
About DAI: DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability.
Objective of the Programme: DAI is preparing for an anticipated DFID and the Nike Foundation funded Programme; Assets to Adolescent Girls. The Programme will aim to address constraints to the economic empowerment of adolescent girls in developing countries.
Scope of Work: We are seeking applications from highly experienced technical experts for the role of Business Growth Specialist.
- Minimum of 10 years’ working at the cutting edge of development, product and business development, and/or social enterprise
- Experience in management of teams
- Strong working knowledge of the private sector
- Strong local network of private sector and business leaders, development experts, mentors, investors, development programs and NGOs, etc.
- Experience working with innovative social enterprises and SME’s to grow and scale
- Understanding of Human Centred Design (HCD), prototyping, business and financial modelling, investment and venture capital, distribution and marketing, and other elements critical to scaling successful products and businesses
- Project management skills and ability to manage consultants and resource partners
- Ability to identify challenges and match expertise to problems for solutions
- Experience working with woman and girls in the development world
- Proven experience developing and managing networks of local and international organisations from the public, private and third sectors
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Fluency in English (both written and oral) and fluency the primary language of the country of work is essential
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa and/or South and South East Asia is highly desirable
Anticipated Project Start Date: April 2014
Project Duration: Four to five years
*Please note that all profiles are indicative only and therefore subject to change.*