Customer Service Executive Job in Kenya
Position: Customer Service Executive
Reporting: Customer Service Manager
Job Purpose: Customer service executive is supposed to formulate resolution and respond in a timely and accurate manner, with the aim of providing excellent customer services and establish the expectations.
- Maintain Customer focus at all times and respond to customers’ enquiries (e-mails phone and face to face)
- Work within agreed service levels, striving to exceed customer expectations wherever possible.
- Exceed productivity standards; such as overall accuracy; maintaining Service Level of Agreement; backlog management of departmental and individual markets and maintaining daily statistic
- Take ownership of queries and proactively follow through to resolution.
- Ensure all customers’ queries are investigated and resolved, escalating issues if appropriate, to the Customer Service Manager
- Assist the Customer Service Manager and management with any special projects assigned and provide backup to team manager when necessary.
- Maintain advanced working knowledge of all customer service processes for different market segments and communicate discrepancies/ issues to team manager when necessary
- Mentoring and developing new staff to meet customer service requirements. Demonstrating willingness to assist team with day to day operations
- Maintain professional working relationship with internal and external customers, customer service management and colleagues
- Supports decisions made by Management and conveys positively to team members and other C/S locations.
- Perform quality assurance on work processed.
- Report workload statistics as required.
- Work effectively as part of a team to achieve individual, team and departmental objectives, sharing knowledge and skills as appropriate.
- Provide flexible support for team members and other teams and foster a positive and a motivating environment.
- Demonstrate a positive and flexible approach to changing business priorities.
- Assist in gathering business requirements and analysis activities to facilitate Continuous Improvement
- Identify and escalate recurring or consistent problems with systems functionality
- Assist in documenting any requirements information and process maps clearly and to the agreed standards
- Report to local management on progress of selected projects
- Set high performance standards and pursue agreed goals
- Strive for constant improvements and take responsibility for achieving business results and persevere despite obstacles
- Report problems to management with suggestions for resolutions
- Demonstrate an interest in and an understanding of issues relevant to your department
- Understand priorities, products and services and have a good grasp of how the department is run
- Bring best practices to the attention of the department
- Diagnose problems and thoroughly analyze information to guide decision making
- Evaluate and assimilate critical information when reaching conclusions and make logical, competent decisions
- Demonstrate cooperation and trust with colleagues, managers, teams and across departments
- Actively participate in and conduct organized meetings.
- Interact with other staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two way communication.
- Be open to new ideas and make changes in the job and routine as required
- Work in line with business requirements in a flexible and optimistic manner
- Complete tasks as directed by management
- Establish action plans and schedules for meeting departmental priorities
- Assign responsibilities, allocate resources and coordinate the activities to yourself and others so as to meet the objectives given
- Promote your ideas persuasively and shape the opinion of your managers and to overcome resistance
- Build consensus for action and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions