Critical Care Nurses Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 9, 2013
Our client is a leading hospital in Nairobi and is seeking to recruit Nurses for ICU, HDU and CCU Departments.
The ideal candidate will provide care to critically ill patients and provide support to their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing education and support to patient families.
- Develop written care plans based on the patients changing needs, monitor and evaluate effectiveness of interventions.
- Initiate cardiac monitoring both room and central, be able to interpret, monitor trends and communicate critical changes to the physician & nurse manager.
- Assess patients’ readiness for weaning & implement the weaning protocols.
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices & other safety policies and perform timely safety checks on beds, IV pimps, oxygen sources, ventilators and cardiac monitors
- Accurately administer all medication as per the treatment order sheet using the 10 rights particulars drawn to isotropic support: dilution, calculation and infusion.
- Carry out other hemodynamic monitoring to include CVP, ICP, neurological and fluid status; lab, radiology and ABG evaluation.
- Be able to recognize a patient in a pre-arrest or arrest status and activate emergency restore team and to actively participate in the resuscitation of the patient.
- Be accountable for judicious and effective use of resources i.e. accurate and timely billing of ward stock drugs & consumables.
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Treating wounds and providing advanced life support
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording patient vital signs
- Ensuring that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications
- Ordering diagnostic tests
- Collaborating with fellow members of the critical care team
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Acting as patient advocate
- KRCHN with a certificate in critical Care
- At least 2 years of experience in nursing especially in HDU,ICU or CCU
- Valid practice license
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing from recognized institution
If qualified kindly send CV and application letter to [email protected] clearly indicating ‘Critical Care Nurse ’ on the subject line by 13th December, 2013.
DO NOT attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.