Content Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 6, 2014
Job Purpose: The content manager is responsible for the implementation and management of the knowledge management content, systems and processes for Roamtech.
This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining the knowledge management best practices related to documenting, managing and publishing content for the business.
- Ensure that content is created and uploaded to the assigned portals regularly as you may be required
- Check and report to the content lead on the performance portals assigned
- Source for fresh content and ensure that the portals are up to date with fresh content
- Ensure that approvals are sought and acquired on time for portals requiring content to be approved before publishing
- Communicate with the content providers and acquire new content to be uploaded to the portals
- Adhere to the deadlines and timelines set by the team leads
- Communicate and provide information to assist and enable organizational operations and effective service to clients
- Ensure that all portals are up and running, and report any malfunctions to the IT team
- Research and investigate information ensure that new content is acquired as per the market needs
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- Provide necessary information to the marketing team to ensure they can perform effectively e.g. providing market intelligence information
- Participate in product development strategy and campaign sessions in conjunction with the sales/account management team
- Refreshing Content on all stations
- Ensure all ads are running
- Content ads performance reports
- Ensure that the producer is provided with ads and promos and shows content and info every
- Provide messages for tagging and blasts
- Sourcing for fresh content directly from artists
- Agents liaising in regards to Content Acquisition
- Daily reports on content MTs performance
- Weekly reports on Tv and Radio ads performance
- Monthly reports on artists payments liaising with Accountant
- A background in IT
- 2-3 years experience working in IT or a media firm
- 2-3 years digital marketing experience 1-2 years’ experience in web or software application marketing
- Ability to work in a pressure filled environment
- Good communication skills
- Have a developed network of contacts in the media
- Strong understanding on how digital assets influence the consumer purchase process in the digital space such as videos, interactive demos.
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and concepts; search engines, landing page design and optimization (A/B and multivariate testing), tools and trends
- Experience with setting goals and measurement for digital activities
- Experience selecting vendors in the digital media space
- Self-starter personality, highly developed ability to receive and give feedback as
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV, and Cover letter to [email protected]