Lake Victoria North Water Services Board
Request For Expression of Interest (Consulting Services – Firms Selection)
Name of Project: WaSSIP Additional Financing
Credit No: 5103KE
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Water and Sanitation Service Levels Survey in the Board Area
Reference No: 012
The Government of Kenya has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the WaSSIP Additional Financing, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for payments under the contract for Consultancy Services for Water and Sanitation Service Levels Survey in the Board Area.
The overall objective of the consultancy is to collect primary data on a number of indicators related to water and sanitation access in the Board areas in three dimensions of; geographical disparities in access, access by the vulnerable and the marginalized groups and specific issues of affordability of the water and sanitation services.
The scope of services will include but not limited to the following:
- The surveys shall cover the customers and potential customers in the eight counties covered by the Board including Bungoma, Kakamega, Vihiga, Busia, Uasin Gishu, Trans-Nzoia, and parts of Nandi and Elgeyo Marakwet counties.
- Design and administer an objective and independent Water and Sanitation Service Levels Survey in the Board Area
- Apply a scientific survey approach to determine Water and Sanitation Service Levels in the Board Area.
- Work closely with the management of LVNWSB, WSPs and CBOs in the design of the survey, the selection of a representative sample and the development of an analytical model to focus on the key pieces of information which the Board needs to make relevant service improvements and expand access levels to Water and Sanitation Services in its coverage area.
The Services will be spread over a period of one year, with estimated input of 300 man days.
The Lake Victoria North Water Services Board (LVNWSB) now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services.
Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the service.
The Short listing criteria are:
A consulting firm with:
1. Lead Consultant must be an experienced professional with a Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Sociology or a similar qualification with over five years work experience. Masters degree in any of the fields shall be an added advantage.
2. The lead consultant must have demonstrable experience in leading and implementing similar consultancy works for at least three renowned clients. (Evidence of previous work undertaken or testimonials is required)
3. The lead consultant should have experience in Government and Water institutional functions and development partner projects would be desirable.
4. The consulting firm or the lead consultant should possess relevant Professional Certification in related disciplines and/or complementary to the assignment in question.
5. The consulting firm must have sufficient number of well trained field enumerators to carry out the fieldwork (the provided number should be proposed in the methodology).
6. The consulting firm must provide a qualified data analyst with at least three years’ experience and a portfolio of past projects and possess Computer skills (MS Office and SPSS or any relevant data analysis software)
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Costs Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0800 to 1700 Hours from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (1300 to 1400Hrs) and public holidays.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) on 14th February, 2014 by close of business.
Lake Victoria North water Services Board
Off Kakamega/Kisumu Road
P. O Box 673 – 50100
Kakamega – Kenya
Tel: 056 – 30795/31552