Industrial & Commercial Development Corporation
Expression of Interest: EOI/ICDC/1/2013-201 4
Consultancy Services for Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) Park Business Case / Feasibility Study in Eldoret, Uasin Gishu County
The Industrial and Commercial Development Corporation was established in 1954 under the ICDC Act cap 445 of the Laws of Kenya.
ICDC is a development Finance Institution whose mandate is to facilitate industrial and economic Development of Kenya by providing various financial services needed in the initiation or expansion of enterprises ¡n Kenya.
ICDC proposes to develop an agro based Small and Medium Enterprises Industrial Park in Eldoret, Uasin Gishu County.
This is a Vision 2030 Flagship project which the Corporation is implementing together with the Ministry of Industrialization and Enterprise Development.
Scope of work
The work to be provided by the consultants! consortium shall be categorized into the following:
1. Feasibility Studies and Business plans for SME Park in Eldoret
2. Sketches of SME Park Master Plan for Eldoret.
The specific issues to be covered by Consultants / Consortium of Consultants are:
- Market overview, East and Central Africa, Regional Markets, export (products, world trade, existing and potential market, quality requirements, provision of services within the park, including processing, pack houses, packaging and cold storage for both products and raw materials etc.
- Strategies for market penetration & niche marketing, constraints and support required
- SMEs Operations Logistics, ICT, Infrastructure within and outside the SME park, accessibility etc.
- Cluster Manufacturing, Technology, skills transfer, and innovation, Market, Research and Development etc.
- Sketches of site lay out to be used for engineering designs where applicable, propose services (industrial, commercial and others) in the study for each case, sketches of master plans on land measuring 135 acres.
- Develop a road map on implementation of SME Park, activities, time frames, source of funds.
- Estimated Cash outlays for project implementation, financing plans, assumptions underlying, Profitability and Financial projections, comprehensive income, balance sheets, cash flows, financial ratios etc.
Interested firms/consortiums should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
The short listing criteria are:
i. The legal status of the firm (enclose copy of certificate of incorporation / registration)
ii. Copies of valid VAT, PIN and tax compliance certificate
iii. Provide details (names, qualifications and relevant experience) of key staff members who shall be involved in the assignment.
iv. A brief profile of the firm indicating relevant experience with details of similar assignments undertaken to demonstrate ability and capacity to carry out assignment.
v. Provide reference of at least three (3) reputable organizations where you have provided similar services.
vi. The firm should have at least five (5) years experience in Business feasibility Studies.
vii. Provide audited accounts for the past recent two (2) years.
Submission of Expression of Interest and Tender Documents
Completed Tender Documents and Expression of Interest together with accompanying documents shall be in a plain sealed envelope, clearly marked as stated in the above references and titles and should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
Industrial & Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC)
Uchumi House, Aga Khan Walk
P.O. Box 45519-00100,
Completed documents shall be deposited in the Tender box located at the reception area on 17th Floor, Uchumi House, Aga Khan Walk, Nairobi, so as to be received on or before 11.00 am on Tuesday, 14th January, 2014.
Bid documents will be opened immediately thereafter in the boardroom in the presence of tenderers or their representatives who wish to witness.
Requests for Proposals (RFP) will be issued to the short-listed firms in the Expression of Interest (EOI) thereafter.
The Corporation reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications without assigning any reason.