Concrete Laboratory Technician Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 11, 2013
On behalf of our client a leading global chemical company we are looking for experienced Concrete Laboratory Technician
Very Competitive compensation
Full Time Employment
Reporting to: Concrete lab Concrete Laboratory Manager
The concrete laboratory technician is responsible for conducting required laboratory testing.
Following managerial and supervisory instructions.
- Strive to improve quality and quantity of daily lab output.
- Support to concrete laboratory supervisor / senior lab technician in day to day activities in the laboratory.
- Ensure work is completed correctly and in the required times as per manager’s time management schedule.
- Maintain good communication lines to supervisor / senior lab technician and manager in terms of work progress and possible problems.
- Identify and immediately inform supervisor / senior lab technician or manager of any testing anomalies or unforeseen problems.
- Perform all daily tasks and work required in work cycles.
- Maintain required work standards.
- Assist supervisor / senior lab technician with sample control, equipment control and stock control on a daily basis.
- Ensure daily cleaning of the laboratory end of day
Experience in the civil engineering laboratory industry or a concrete laboratory compulsory.
Must be proficient in fresh and hardened concrete laboratory testing and concrete-related aggregate testing as per TMH1 or SABS standards, expressly:
- Aggregate sampling, drying and prep for aggregate testing;
- Aggregate & cementitious relative density testing;
- Aggregate particle size distribution – grading;
- Flakiness index of coarse aggregates;
- Compacted bulk density (CBD);
- Loose bulk density (LBD);
- Weighing of concrete mix design constituents;
- Mixing of concrete;
- Assessing mix rheology (advantage);
- Slump test;
- Slump retention testing;
- Making & curing of concrete cubes;
- Density of compacted freshly mixed concrete;
- Air content of freshly mixed concrete – pressure method;
- Compressive strength of hardened concrete testing;
- Flow cone test (advantage);
- O-or V-funnel high flow concrete test (advantage);
- L-box high flow concrete test (advantage);
- O- or J-ring high flow concrete test (advantage);
- Smaller than 75 ᶙm particle size distribution – hydrometer method (advantage);
- Deleterious clay content – methylene blue absorption method (advantage);
- Particle diameter between 5-20 ᶙm – pipette method (advantage);
- Vicat initial and final setting time determination (advantage);
Professional experience / Specialist skills
- Experience in a similar construction chemical environment would be an advantage (material supply, construction systems, concrete technology)
- Good people and communication skills
- Concrete Technology certificate an advantage.
Competencies – non-specialist skills (level)
- Intercultural Orientation
- Acts appropriately in different cultures and countries
- Promote cross cultural interaction and understanding
- Concrete Technology Courses.
Please send your CV in word or PDF format.
The position applied should be the subject of your email