Concern Worldwide Health & Nutrition Programme Manager (Somalia / Somaliland) Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 11, 2014
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Health & Nutrition Programme Manager – Somalia / Somaliland
Location: Based in Nairobi with travel to the field
Job Summary: The incumbent will support the implementation of Concern’s nutrition programme and its expansion into MCH services.
S/he will be expected to
- strengthen focus on the preventative aspects while maintaining quality treatment of SAM;
- assist and build staff and partner capacity;
- represent Concern at various coordination fora and in the Somalia Nutrition Consortium;
- engage with technical and other relevant staff of external stakeholders at all levels;
- ensure a strong monitoring system is in place which reflects the realities of the Somalia context, and that programme data on key nutrition indicators are collected, analysed, reviewed and responded to on an on-going basis.
- MSc or degree in nutrition, public health, reproductive health or nursing.
- At least 5 years’ experience in maternal health and nutrition programming including IYCF/nutrition education with at least 2 years in an insecure emergency context.
- At least 3 years’ managerial experience in a Health and Nutrition project including supervision, training and mentoring health and nutrition staff and partner organisations.
- Technical knowledge & experience in nutrition and health assessments, surveillance, surveys, protocols, etc.
- Competency in CMAM, including prevention of acute malnutrition, and MCH best practices particularly in the Horn of Africa is an added advantage.
- Experience working in a Consortium with other NGOs, UN and government agencies.
- Excellent analytical, M&E and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills – proposal and report writing, negotiation, networking, facilitating workshops at different levels, etc.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should send their CV and cover letter to the following email address: [email protected] with the subject of the email as ‘Health & Nutrition Programme Manager’ by Tuesday 18th February 2014.
Each application should include three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.
Concern Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer