Competition Authority of Kenya Job Vacancy – Head of Internal Audit
Competition Authority of Kenya Head of Internal Audit Job Vacancy
Head of Internal Audit
- Developing a flexible Annual Audit Plan using appropriate risk based methodology.
- Implementing the Annual Audit Plan.
- Establishing a system to ensure quality of internal auditing activities and processes are in alignment with the Authority’s Strategic plan.
- Conducting Audit reviews of the effectiveness of risk management process and adequacy of internal controls.
2. Risk Management
- Carrying out risk identification, assessment and audit planning for high risk areas within the operations of the Authority.
- Maintaining of the Corporate Risk Register on Strategic risks and Top Ten risks of the Authority (Board and Top Management levels).
- Be responsible for designing focused effective strategies for managing risks to customers, assets, reputation and interest of stakeholders.
- Secretary to the Integrity Committee of the Authority on aspects of implementation of corruption mainstreaming initiatives.
- Developing and spearheading anti-fraud and corruption strategy in accordance with EACC guidelines plus the Authority’s policies, laws and regulations.
7. Resource Management:
- Manage and oversee the Unit’s staff training, development and performance evaluation in accordance with the established Performance Management System.
- Coordinates with External Auditors (KENAO) in Authority’s Financial and System Audits.
- Institutes follow up Audits and ensure implementation of Audit recommendations.
- A Masters degree in a Business related Course.
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting or a Business related Course.
- CPA(K) and CIA or CISA Certification.
- Membership of ICPAK and Institute of Internal Auditors.
- 8 years working experience of which 5 years must be at Senior Management position
- Experience in Enterprise Risk Management.
- Knowledge of Internal Audit Standards, Code of Ethics and other best Practice Auditing and Accounting Standards.
- Strong Financial Management orientation.
- Strong leadership and People management skills, a good communicator with good planning and organizing skills and ability to exercise sound judgment.
How to Apply
Email your application, CV and summarize yourself as follows:
- Job Ref No
- Your Name
- Current / Past Salary: Year 2012 pm; Year 2013 pm
- Year 2013 Benefits: If house state market rent; if car state cc
Email to [email protected] before 4pm 28th August 2013.