Community Field Officer Job in Likoni, Mombasa, Kenya
To ensure delivery of services for our client Mwezi Limited, we seek to recruit 1 Community Field Officer who will act as the community liaison and education person.
Job Title: Community Field Officer
Job Summary: To support the promotion of Mwezi Limited, low cost, off-grid solar products in the Coast region, following laid down procedures as required; liaison with women groups, youth groups and other local community groups to promote Mwezi Limited solar lanterns and home solar systems; to make sales and meet set monthly sales targets; collection of sales data and transmitting to head office; recruiting community based entrepreneurs to form part of the Mwezi solar lantern network within the South Coast region; training women’s groups, youth groups and other stakeholders to ensure proper use and handling of the solar appliances.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Identify households and families who will require the Mwezi solar lanterns and coordinate delivery of the same to the households.
- Liaise with the management and assist with local stakeholder engagement
- Collect relevant data for tracking sales and repayments using mobile phone assisted technology and ensure project documents are properly filed and kept secure
- Planning and executing community mobilization activities e.g. meetings and ensuring minutes are taken at community meetings
- Collecting and filling comments and feedback from the community
- Facilitate communication flows between the management and the community as required.
- Liaise with local Women’s Groups, youth groups and local communities to train them in the use of Mwezi solar lantern to boost sales and ensure the lamps are used correctly to benefit the community.
- Report any problems with the products– including contact details of house hold and GPS co-ordinates of the household to line manager to ensure redress.
- At least a Diploma in Community Development, Sales and marketing or other Social Sciences
- Minimum 2 years field experience in sales and marketing at the community level
- Demonstrated hands on experience in education of local communities
- Must have computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS-Word, Excel)
- Working knowledge of the local language in the specified project area (Swahili) and a good command of English.
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team and maintain good relations with colleagues.
- An independent thinker with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Willingness to learn new skills where appropriate and conform to project protocols.
- Prior skills on use of mobile applications for data collection will be an added advantage.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and must have good report writing skills.
Note that certificates should NOT be attached at this stage but should be availed upon request.
Eco-Frontier Kenya Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified female Kenyans are highly encouraged to apply.