Communications & Networking Specialist Job in Nairobi Kenya
Posted: Jul 18, 2013
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Communications & Networking Specialist Job in Nairobi Kenya
Job Advert: Communications & Networking Specialist
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
About the position
Successful candidate will be based at CAP Head Office in Westland’s.
The Communication Specialist will lead the development of communications system for the program activities in Kenya.
She / he will provide strategic communications leadership and direction to the program through effective communication systems and initiatives.
- Prepare communication strategies and activities to support the projects events
- Developing CAP YEI social media strategy as well as managing the social sites.
- Identifies and cultivates new strategic partnerships including Govt. for better program implementation and replication.
- Provide day-to-day management and coordination of communication activities for CAP YEI.
- Ensures the development of the organizations profile and maintenance of good public relations.
- Create content using various multimedia formats that can be read, listened to, or viewed onscreen.
- Collects and analyzes information about newsworthy events to write news stories for publication.
- Proof reading of all relevant documents
- Developing content for the organizations website and also regular updating in showcasing CAP YEI’s USP.
- Develop positive relationships with different stake holders
- Ensure all communications and project materials are branded in accordance with the organizations guidelines.
- Refine content for quarterly reports, technical briefs, and other documents prior to dissemination
- Work with the project Director in handling media inquiries
- Coordinating and supervising press conferences, media briefings and interviews.
- Writing and editing press releases, briefing papers and occasionally, speeches.
- Set up high profile meetings between various organizations and CAP YEI Management.
- Identify and propose potential organizations to partner with.
- Regularly act as project photographer at project events and during site visits
- Train other staff regarding the importance of communications and how to integrate it into their work
- Collating and re-writing official documents in a media-friendly and informative manner.
- Identifying multimedia opportunities to highlight the work of the organization.
- Developing and maintaining contact with key journalists on the organization matters.
- Identifying and facilitating key media slots for senior management to market the programme.
- Identifying publicity and news angles for the organization programmes and projects.
- Any other job assigned by your seniors.
- Exceptional written, analytical, public speaking and facilitation skills in English.
- Internet savvy.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a results oriented individual
- Must have the ability to work within strict deadlines and limited supervision
- Excellent Networking skills.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- 5 years hands on as a communications specialist in a highly competitive environment Innovative, creative and achievement oriented.
- Experience working with electronic and print communication outlets
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with donor, project stakeholders, foundations, in-country collaborators, and staff at all levels
- Must be mature and with the right attitude.
- Confident, self-assured, personable and presentable.
- Highly organized, conscientious and detail oriented.
- Degree in communications, marketing, international studies or any related field.
- Masters will be an added advantage.
How to apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience please send your CV to email@example.com by 25th July 2013.
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Cap Youth Empowerment Institute does not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.