Co-op Bank Job in Kenya – Custodial Services Operations Officer
We are looking for dynamic, creative and self-oriented professionals to fill the position of:
Operations Officer– Custodial Services
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the operations officer will be responsible for actual accurate settlements of cash and securities (Fixed Income and Money Market Instruments) in accordance to the market rules and procedures.
- Daily instruction execution in accordance with clients’ Service Level Agreements
- Follow up of instruction execution to ensure completion and escalate if not completed within the required timelines
- Make all postings and ensure settlement in the custody system same day.
- Ensure maintenance and efficient execution of actions diary
- Ensure resolution of outstanding items conclusively within the turnaround time
- Adhere to all procedures and manual controls
- Ensure that all filing is done in a methodical manner on a daily basis
- Continuously improve service offerings through innovation
- Demonstrate determination to “execute right first time”
- Ensure queries are responded to within the turn-around time and resolved conclusively though proactive follow-up.
- Ensure support of other team members to ensure customer satisfaction in other aspects of the department such as client balances, reconciliations and reporting.
- A bachelor’s degree in any business related field
- At least three year relevant experience
- Good working knowledge of pension and capital markets regulatory requirements
- Have a good understanding of all settlement related functions
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills & proactive in all aspects
- Must be able to perform optimally under pressure and with strict deadlines
- Ability to learn new systems fast
- Resilience and drive
- Experience in reconciliations will be an added advantage
- 40 years and below
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: Ops – Custody/3/HRD/2013
Human Resources Division
Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd.
P.O. Box 48231-00100