CNHR Accountant and IT Support Officer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 4, 2014
The Consortium for National Health Research (CNHR) is a grant awarding not-for-profit organizations that supports relevant research-for-health activities aimed at improving the health of Kenyans.
Accountant and IT Support Officer
The job holder will assist the Head of Finance in the maintenance of the organization’s accounts in accordance with established financial policies and procedures, administer grants and provide programme accounting support to the Consortium including projecting short term and long term financial requirements relating to grants and will have the responsibility for overseeing the procurement-to-payment process, treasury management and implementation of the IT Policy.
- Manage the treasury function;
- Review programme and grant work plans and prepare related budgets;
- Review and analyse grantee reports, process subsequent payments and maintain related general ledgers and sub-ledgers;
- Facilitate the grant making process, undertake pre-award and monitoring visits and undertake grantee training as necessary;
- Review, analyse and tract all audit issues;
- Prepare and manage the payroll;
- Manage the procurement-to-payment process, updating and ensuring compliance with procurement procedures;
- Develop, implement and monitor operation of the IT Policy and related aspects of the Business Continuity Plan; and
- Oversee the provision of IT support to Staff by the external service provider
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years working experience;
- Exposure working with international funding organizations;
- Experience with an international auditing/accounting firm or in a grant making role is an added advantage;
- Computerized software such as Microsoft Dynamics;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Ability to perform, prioritize multiple tasks and work within short deadlines;
- Good communication skills and a team player;
- Well developed commercial orientation and planning skills;
- Understanding of accounting and financial management issues; and
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure.
- A Bachelor’s degree;
- Professional Accounting qualifications – e.g. ACCA, CPA; and
- Training in IT and grants management will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
1. A cover letter (max. One page on font 11), illustrating your suitability for the positions and salary expectations
2. A detailed Curriculum Vitae ( max four pages on font 11)
3. Names and contact information of three referees, one of which must be a manager you worked closely with.
Please apply to Consultant, SimCorp HR Solutions through email address: [email protected]
Deadline for received applications is Friday 1 4th March 2014.
Only applications from candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be shortlisted and acknowledged.
CNHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and female candidates with the requisite qualifications for the job are encouraged to apply