Clinical Officer (Anaesthesia) and Medical Officer (On Call) Jobs
Clinical Officer (Anaesthesia)
Our client aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will apply his/her advanced knowledge of clinical care and management to run the primary roles and responsibilities below;
- Perform pre and post operative assessment of all patients for operation.
- Deliver local anaesthesia to patients requiring surgery.
- In liaison with the maternity team members, CO(A) will be responsible for post operative care on the wards and follow up of discharged surgical/obstetric patients.
- Admission/referral and follow up of severe maternal health cases depending on the level of care needed.
- Conducting general/maternal(reproductive) and child health education and patient counselling.
- Reporting on operation theatre activities including regular updating of the Operation register book to Hospital Manager and maintain confidentiality of patients’ medical records
- Drawing and implementation of action plans and participation in resource management general and theater.
- Participate in training other Support staff and service providers on basic administration of anesthesia and intra operative patient monitoring.
- Attending to emergency cases reported to the health facility and issuing correct patient diagnosis and recommendations for treatment/referral and follow up.
- Supervision and monitoring of activities of other operation theatre team members
- Ensuring clean up of operating room following surgery, including proper disposal of medical refuse.
- In collaboration with the Hospital Manager and Medical Officer, ensure that the centre complies with Jacaranda Health policies and protocols for vocal local, infection prevention and emergency preparedness (including resuscitation).
- Fully participate in planned promotional activities as directed by Hospital Manager.
- Carry out routine client consultations in absence of theatre procedures.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or its equivalent from a recognized institution and licensed by Clinical Officers Council (COC)
- Higher Diploma in Anaesthesia
- At least 5 years experience in similar or higher position
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with a good command of both written and spoken English and Swahili with cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
- Computer literate with ability to use MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google products proficiently.
- Excellent Management skills with ability to capacity build and develop others
Our client has exciting part-time opportunity available for a Medical Officer.
This position is a combination of leadership and clinical care position. It involves management of resources such as staff, facility infrastructure, clinical equipment; identifying and maintaining strategic partnerships; reporting and ensuring highest standards of care at the facilities.
This role entails day-to-day operations, quality assurance and decision-making in liaison with key managers/directors.
The person will need to be available for telephone consultations on an on-call scheduled basis for a minimum of 4-8 hours per week and on site presence of at least 4 days per month.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervising, mentoring and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensuring proper management and maintenance of logistics, supplies, equipment and infrastructure of the center
- Ensuring provision of high quality care and service delivery at the facilities
- Constituting and overseeing activities of the clinical team and ensuring that the team meets regularly to discuss quality of care items and receive continuing medical education
- Ensuring that staff adhere to, and operate according to set organizational, national and international standards of care
- Responsible for patient chart review and peer review following the guidelines established by the quality of care committee
- Maintenance of adequate provider staffing in the healthcare facility to ensure smooth flow of patients. This will include coordination of vacation schedule
- Formulation development, implementation and evaluation of curative, preventive, promotive, and reproductive health services including family planning.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the director
- Bachelor of Medicine degree in Human Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health
- Licensed by the Kenya Medical and Dentists Practitioners Board
- Experience in managing a team and building capacity/training in resource-limited settings
- Ability to work in a public sector environment to accomplish goals and favorably influence decision making processes in a diplomatic and collaborative manner