Client Partner Head (Head of Business Development) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Our client is a Kenyan company that works with top international companies that provide a range of principle based learning solutions which inspire change and performance in leadership, personal effectiveness, culture and team work.
Provide and deliver exceptional business performance primarily by:
- Creating new business through thorough understanding and presentation of the client’s Products.
- Leading a team to deliver sustained superior performance
- Be a consultant to the clients and creating exceptional rapport with them.
- Delight all external clients through effective and efficient management that enhances their return on investment
- Build, develop and motivate a high performance team committed to achieving success through each other.
- Support the organization in the management of the resource planning and utilization.
- With the Functional Manager agree on challenging performance objectives and measures for direct reports and provide regular feedback and honest assessment on achievement.
- Through self-conduct on a daily basis, be a role model to peers and direct reports, doing things wholeheartedly, communicating with passion, teamwork and embrace changes as a way of working.
- Uphold integrity at all times
- Train guide and develop leadership, direction and pace to all Business Development staff in order to develop expertise and build capacity.
- Constantly anticipate needs of direct reports and support their needs
- Annually in October puts together a sales forecast for the following year that captures his/her sales targets for the Business Development department and measure weekly, monthly and quarterly against target
- Inputs to development and implementation of sales strategy
- Is accountable for all sales related data and records in designated accounts
- Plans for weekly feedback meetings in order to give quality feedback
- Produces high quality proposals and sales presentations in partnership with the Learning and Development Department
- Owns and is directly responsible for achieving total company revenue targets both for existing accounts and new business. Personal target of KSh. 25 million in first year targeting key accounts in Kenya (50+ people)
- Follow up sales leads, identifying opportunities to develop effective partnership with clients and closes the sale
- Support sales activities through selling to new prospects, cross selling and following up on referrals.
- Spend at least 10 hours every week of Face to Face time with clients.
- Develop Key internal interfaces to ensure all commitments to clients are delivered to the highest possible standard.
- At all times know their key customers and their requirements intimately
- Build data base that will have key customer contacts and sales progress details
- At least 5 years successful working experience in the service industry
- At least 5 years experience in selling services
- Bachelor’s degree.
- As a Client Partner you will find, develop, retain and grow a portfolio of accounts, creating deep and lasting relationships with clients. Key attributes sought for this role include:
- A high degree of business acumen and credibility; the ability to influence and work with client organizations at a senior level.
- A track record as an achiever in a high-performance targeted sales environment, with a demonstrable passion for developing and closing business opportunities.
- The consulting ability to understand clients’ needs and articulate persuasively how our approach and our training and development solutions contribute to clients’ sustained, superior performance.
- A good understanding of corporate cultures, people performance and behavioral development would be advantageous.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Ability to influence and work with senior decision makers in major corporations with confidence to present at Senior Leadership Team level.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with internal and external clients.
- Fully computer literate & with full driving license.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Client Partner Head