Civil Engineer Job in Naivasha
Category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Aug 22, 2013
Civil Engineer Job in Naivasha Kenya
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Job Category: Engineering & Construction
Work Type: Full Time
Panda Development Company Limited is searching for qualified individuals.
Scope: Candidates should be fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- Undertaking complex and repetitive calculations
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects, subcontractors, etc
- Resolving design and development problems
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
- Providing appropriate plans for construction
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Liaising and working jointly with the design team (consulting engineers) to implement refinements
- Negotiating modifications with architects and consulting engineers
Key skills for civil engineer
- Sound mathematical and technical skills.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BSc Civil Engineering.
- Registration as an engineer by the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience as a Construction Engineer three of which should have been in the design and construction of projects of high net worth.
- Should possess computer skills. Proficiency in Office and CAD computer applications and other structural analysis and design software will be an added advantage
- Resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment and tact.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications and CV’s stating their current and expected salary to us not later than 31st August 2013.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject of the application email