CIC Insurance General Manager Strategy & Innovation Job in Kenya
CIC Insurance Group is a leading and rapidly growing insurance and related financial services provider with a wide local branch network and soon going regional.
To augment and sustain this growth, we are seeking a dynamic thought leader to join our winning team as General Manager -Strategy and Innovation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO) and the subsidiary Managing Directors (MDs) to formulate strategies that facilitate the attainment of the organisation’s vision and overseeing their successful implementation.
- Ensuring effective internal and external communication of the organisation’s strategies, assessing the effectiveness and impact of the strategy execution and providing recommendations for remedial action as necessary.
- Assessing and reporting on corporate performance by closely monitoring strategy implementation and periodically providing management with timely management information for decision making.
- Co-ordinating all corporate strategic planning initiatives and related activities and training all business unit leaders on effective strategy development and management.
- Jointly with the GCEO and subsidiary MDs, developing new areas of business that accelerate revenue generation and attainment of the organisation’s growth and competitive strategies.
- Overseeing the launch of new innovations and programs and working directly with program teams to take over new programs at the appropriate stage.
- Developing mechanisms for capturing organizational learning and utilizing those leanings to drive even more effective strategy and innovation processes.
- Maintaining an optimal and well-motivated staff to ensure attainment of set targets for the business unit, while ensuring team cohesion.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, finance, Marketing, Economics, or Business administration
- Master’s Degree in strategy/policy management or business related field is an added advantage
- At least 10 years of experience in a busy organization, five of which must be in a senior management position progressively within a busy strategic planning/innovations department
- Experienced senior management who has worn multiple hats and can both analyze and act with equal ease.
- Demonstrable expert business knowledge and proficiency in analytical research, leadership, and strategic planning.
- Astute understanding of policy environment and experience of forming policy-oriented relationships
- Good knowledge of the Insurance industry will be an added advantage
- Proven research skills
- Strong working knowledge of management strategies, financial accounting and customer relations.
- Continuous improvement
- Innovation and problem solving skills
- Effective team management
- Effective Communication
- Project Management
- Building effective networks
- Strategic thinker with good planning skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and customer care skills
- Enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude
- High integrity
- Attention to detail and a good team player
Ref: STRG/HR/2013 GENERAL MANAGER- STRATEGY & INNOVATION Position to:
The Group Human Resources Manager
CIC Insurance Group Ltd
Strictly through Email to: [email protected]
The applications should reach us by close of business on 31st December 2013.