CIAT Project Management Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya
CIAT, on behalf of IITA is seeking to recruit a Project Management Assistant with the main responsibility of monitoring and execution of projects and follow up with HQ Project Administration Office (PAO) to ensure that project payments to partners are executed in a timely manner.
- Work with the project accountant in monitoring project execution and providing feedback to the project coordinator on the status of the project advising on action to be taken with regard to project extensions, budget reallocations and any other action.
- Following up with HQ PAO to ensure that project payments to partners are executed in a timely manner
- Follow up with project partners in collaboration with PAO and Project Coordinator to ensure timeliness in submission of financial and technical report
- Working with the Project Coordinator and Finance office in compiling donor reports while complying to donor reporting templates and liaising with PAO to ensure timely submission of the same
- Management of N2Africa project data and information as required.
- Maintaining project portfolios on soft and hard copies.
- Assuming responsibility for other administrative functions such as planning project meetings, drafting letters/reports, scheduling appointments and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Assisting the Project Coordinator with the administrative duties that falls within the project
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in a business related field
- Diploma in project management
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures
- Knowledge of project management software
- Very good knowledge of database applications, spread sheets, word processing, MS office applications, and ability to learn new applications quickly
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project administration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- High level of computer skills, ability to handle financial and accounting systems including knowledge of Oracle and ability to learn new applications quickly.