Our client is a Christian religious institution seeking to recruit pro-active and self-driven individual to fill the position of Procurement Officer
Job Purpose: The Procurement Officer will be responsible for all procurement activities for the organization. Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on procurement, procedures, and contracts
- Facilitates requests and grants approval for purchases of goods and services.
- Authorizes purchase orders and related documents.
- Assumes responsibility and oversight of purchases involving the utilization of Requests for Proposals (RFP).
- Assists offices and programs with specification development as appropriate, drafts RFP, and serves on evaluation panels.
- Reviews and analyses all purchase requests and ensures sufficient written justification exists and policy is followed where award is not made to the lowest bidder or is sole sourced.
- Approves procurement requests and matches invoices with purchase orders for release of payment. Supervises inventory control and management of central supplies storeroom.
- Analyses patterns and processes in the areas of procurement materials management, and supply channels and identifies ways to improve efficiency and/or reduce cost and improve quality.
- Develop, manage and co-ordinate the procurement processes and to be able to use legally established professional and transparent procurement policies and procedures
- Develop, manage and co-ordinate the internal/external procurement processes.
- In charge of the purchase of equipment for the organization, contact suppliers, and research offers and quotations
- Prepare calls for tender and follow-up procedure and in the management of any type of contracts (service, works, supplies)
- Provide assistance to the organization members related with all procurement matters
- Manage all procurement activities with respect to purchasing of goods and services, and maintain and update inventory of fixed assets.
- Manages and coordinates all procurement of goods and services and other bid processes in compliance with procurement regulations, and the organization’s procurement policy and procedure.
- A bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in procurement
- Born Again Christian
- Commitment to the institution’s Mission and Vision
Salary: Kshs.( 50,000 – 60,000)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your updated resume, salary and benefits to [email protected] with the JOB TITLE as the subject before close of business 8th September, 2014.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.