Chief Technology Officer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 3, 2013
Our client, a Business Strategy Consultancy is in need of a Chief Technology Officer.
Description: The Chief Technology Officer’s role is to align technology vision with business strategy by integrating company processes with the appropriate technologies.
The Chief Technology Officer is also responsible for all aspects of developing and implementing technology initiatives within the organization.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in governance processes of the organization’s architecture, telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops.
- Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports organizational needs.
- Develop and communicate business/technology alignment plans to executive team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives.
- Define requirements for new technology implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Define and communicate corporate procedures, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating new network systems, equipment, software, and other technologies.
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
- Analyze and improve upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Act as primary liaison for the company’s technology vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users.
- Creatively and independently provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the technical services annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all technical staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Ensure continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of systems, programs, and equipment performance.
- Ensure equipment and software operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Where necessary, oversee and develop patenting of intellectual property, inventions, and business processes.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration.
- Master’s or PhD. degree in one these fields preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5 years experience managing and/or directing technological operations.
- 5 years experience working in the ICT industry.
- Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development.
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops.
- Solid understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
- Exposure to business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong tactical skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability and periodic overtime.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates will be contacted