Chief Financial Officer Job in Tanzania
In an effort to further its success, the company is seeking to hire a proactive leader with exceptional financial management, business acumen and analytical skills to fill the following position that is responsible for managing a team of 82 staff including expatriates.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (C.E.O)
Job Purpose: The CFO will act as custodian of all assets and oversee and effectively manage the finances of the group to ensure both profit and long term sustainability of financial results.
- Participate in the development of the organization’s strategic vision and objectives and oversee their implementation within the assigned functions.
- Provide leadership in the design, development and management of financial systems and processes.
- Manage the financial planning, forecasting and reporting processes of the entire organisation.
- Provide management with in-depth analysis of all expenses, income and trends leading to identification of opportunities and threats and recommend appropriate action.
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements and related analysis and reporting, both internal and external, in line with applicable regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Develop and review internal controls to ensure appropriate financial controls are in place and the company is in compliance with established corporate and government guidelines.
- Oversee the development and implementation of effective tax management strategies, designed to optimise tax payments and reporting obligations.
- Establish proper procedures and policies to effectively manage risks related to all assets.
- Evaluate and manage the performance of staff in the department and establish mechanisms that support continuous staff development within the division
- Partner with CEO and Management team to drive business growth and ensure profitability targets of the organization is retained or growing.
- Be the principal coordinator & networker with all relevant industry bodies, such as East Africa Business Council (EABC) etc.
- Secretary to the Board
- Manage Board affairs including, but not limited to, taking a record of Board minutes in the required time and formats, preparation of Board notices, preparation of Board papers for submission to the board, invite Board members to meetings and guide the board on legal matters such as quorum and statutory required reporting.
- Negotiate and draw contracts to be executed between the company and third parties,
- Coordinate all legal, regulatory and insurance matters on behalf of the organisation.
- Ensuring that all board duties are attended to by management.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) Finance or its equivalent and a BAA Accounting /B. Commerce
- Chartered Accountant CPA (K)/ ACCA or its equivalent is also preferred.
- 15 years with at least 5 years in Senior management position within the finance or commercial sector
- Excellent financial and accounting experience.
- Advanced computer literacy and knowledge especially usage of excel.
- Tax and internal controls and financial planning and legal and secretarial knowledge
- Ability to work with Board members
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional leadership & inter-personal skills