Chief Accountant Job Vacancy in Kenya
Job Title: Chief Accountant: Reports to: Financial Controller
Main Purpose of the Chief Accountant Job
The chief accountant is responsible for directing and overseeing the financial and activities/ functions of the company including presentation of current financial reports as well as summaries and forecasts for future periods.
Main Responsibilities Chief Accountant
* Review of the debtor statements, inventory listing, creditors listing, bank reconciliations, fixed assets register, payroll, value added tax and other tax returns, expense schedules and all other components in the financial statements
* Ensuring that the financial statements are complete and accurate in nature and presented to the Board of Directors for decision making on a monthly basis with written commentaries supporting significant fluctuation in amounts versus prior periods and budgets
* Review of the TREO bond application and cancellation forms for accuracy and completeness and ensuring that these are submitted on a timely basis to the Kenya Revenue Authority and other relevant organizations
* Providing value added recommendations to management on matters such as cost reduction, improving efficiency, effective use of resources, improving staff productivity etc.
* Finalizing the year end audit with the auditors such that financial statements are signed within 3 months after year end
Key Competencies and Skills Of Chief Accountant
* Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
* Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
* Ability to motivate teams to produce quality reports within tight deadlines and simultaneously manage several projects
* Experience in strategic planning and execution
* Excellent knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and international Standards on Auditing
* Sound knowledge of the tax regulations applicable to Kenya
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of computerized accounting systems
Required Qualifications of Chief Accountant
* Bachelor’s degree in any business field with a minimum of Upper Second
* CPA or ACCA
* 3 to 5 years experience in accounting and with at least 2 years experience in audit firm and subsequent experience in manufacturing organization would be preferred
To apply for this position send your CV to [email protected] quoting the position in the subject line. Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.