Chief Accountant Job in Central, Kenya
Number Of Positions Open:1
To direct a team of accountancy staff in providing full accounting services for the entire company.
- Direct and control accountancy staff to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated and carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
- Assist in the development of financial aspects of business plans to enable the company to meet its corporate objectives.
- Provide full accounting services, including the preparation of estimates, annual operating and capital budgets and final accounts for an operating centre.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and staff on the interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and accountancy codes of practice.
- Develop and maintain all other necessary controls and processes to ensure that legal and financial requirements and regulations are complied with.
- Oversee the preparation of statistical returns and financial analysis on a range of topics for internal and external use.
- Consolidate and interpret financial data from various profit and cost centers to ensure that accurate and timely business information is presented to managers to assist them in decision making.
- Produce an operating profit and loss account and balance sheet to reflect accurate and timely financial information which meets regulatory and business requirements.
- Monitor expenditure against budgets and advise managers of any significant variances.
- Prepare year-end accounting and taxation reports to ensure that the company complies with legal and business requirements.
- Prepare the annual budget for the company and ensure that individual profit and cost centers have all necessary information for effective budget management.
- Give any necessary advice on management accountancy issues to ensure that managers and staff understand financial and budgetary requirements.
- Act in close coordination with HODs and other nominated persons in taking strategic decisions by providing accurate accounting and finance information.
- 3-4 years’ experience at a comparative role. Prior experience in a Manufacturing setup is highly desirable
- At least ten years’ progressive experience in Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or a business related field. Postgraduate degree would be an advantage
- Full professional accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA)
- Membership to a relevant professional body (ICPAK, ACCA) is mandatory
- Demonstrated success in supervising/ mentoring and training of finance teams.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to think/ plan on a strategic level coupled with advanced presentation skills.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Good influencers with the ability to inspire others.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Chief Accountant