Chemonics International Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 18, 2014
Chemonics International Inc., a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 20 years of experience in Kenya, seeks experienced professionals for the anticipated USAID East Africa Trade and Investment Hub Program.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work.
Experience in Kenya or East Africa is strongly preferred and English fluency is required.
- Master’s degree in international trade, economics, public policy, business administration, or related area
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience, five in developing countries; at least five years of experience managing and coordinating trade promotion and market linkage activities
- Experience supporting firms export, particularly under trade agreements such as AGOA
Senior Economic Policy Expert
- Ph.D. or equivalent in economics, public policy, international trade, or related area strongly preferred
- Minimum 15 years (ten years with Ph.D.) of relevant experience;
- minimum five years of experience analyzing, tracking, and improving trade policy and global competitiveness in developing countries; and
- minimum three years of experience managing and coordinating policy improvement activities
Senior Agricultural Trade Expert
- Master’s degree in international trade, agricultural economics, public policy, business administration, agricultural development or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum ten years of experience related to developing an enabling environment for agricultural investment and trade, five of which should be in developing countries
- Demonstrated ability in policy development and technical assistance implementation
Senior Investment Specialist
- Master’s degree in banking, finance, business administration, economics, public policy, international and/or agricultural development, international relations, or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum ten years of experience, five in developing countries, working with commercial investment, development banks, financial services companies.
- Existing relationships with regulatory bodies, commercial and development banks, microfinance institutions, investment funds, pension funds, insurance companies.
- Extensive experience in originating, analyzing, and structuring financial transactions
Research, Data Analysis, and Statistics Specialist
- Ph.D. in statistics, economics, data analysis, research methodology or related area strongly preferred
- Minimum eight years of experience researching, analyzing, and reporting on economic issues related to development;
- minimum three years of experience building, populating, and using reporting and analysis databases;
- extensive experience with cost benefit analysis and general equilibrium modeling and analysis
- Minimum three years of experience applying econometric models to measure and estimate the impact of such economic variables as trade flows, investment flows, and GDP
Chemonics seeks additional professionals with a Master’s degree and ten years of experience for:
- Senior Communications Expert
- Partnership Fund Director
- Value Chain Development Specialist
- Mid-level Trade Advisor
- Agricultural Trade Specialist
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: [email protected] by March 28, 2014.
Please note the position title in the subject of the email.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No telephone inquiries please.
Finalists will be contacted.