Chemonics International – Early Grade Reading Project Kenya – 10 Vacancies
Posted: Aug 19, 2013
Chemonics International Early Grade Reading Project Jobs in Kenya: Community Engagement Specialist, Education QA Specialist, Communications Specialist and Private Sector Development Specialist
Chemonics International Inc. is a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. that has been implementing USAID programs in Kenya for 20 years.
Chemonics seeks experienced professionals for an anticipated early grade reading project in Kenya funded by USAID.
This 3.5-year contract aims to create a national reading program in the 28,000 formal and non-formal public and private primary schools across Kenya.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work.
Community Engagement Specialist
- Minimum 5 years experience in community engagement, including developing networks of civil society organizations and strengthening parent and community engagement
- Experience with developing and conducting training and awareness activities
- Experience engaging communities with school activities or with the importance of early grade education preferred
- Experience with international donor-funded projects preferred
- B.A./B.S. in relevant field
Quality Assurance in Education Specialist
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience working with teacher evaluations and assessment systems
- Familiarity with curricular and teacher standards and ability to identify indicators that demonstrate performance in line with standards
- Experience working with Ministry of Education and teachers to achieve result at national and county level
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams at the county level
- B.A/B.S. in relevant field, advanced degree preferred
Communications and Advocacy Specialist
- Minimum 6 years experience in communications, public outreach, media relations, or a related area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with host country officials, media, institutions, and non-governmental organizations required
- Ability to understand needs/interest of target population and to determine the communications channels most appropriate to reach that population
- Excellent team building, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills
- B.A./B.S. in relevant field
Private Sector Development Specialist
- Minimum 5 years experience implementing activities designed to leverage private investments to support development goals.
- In-depth understanding of the Kenyan private sector institutional environment
- Proven ability to broker partnerships between private-sector players (such as businesses or foundations) and public-sector players (such as the Ministry of Education) to increase resources available for education in Kenya
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with institutional and private stakeholders in Kenya
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to [email protected] by September 1, 2013.
Please note the position title in the subject of the email.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No telephone inquiries please.
Finalists will be contacted.