Chemonics Business Development Services Specialist, Nutrition Specialist and Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 7, 2014
Chemonics International, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks experienced professionals for the anticipated USAID-funded Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Program.
The program aim s to strengthen water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services and water resource institutions and improve access to those services.
It will also include work in integration of WASH and nutrition services and financing/credit for services.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people all around the world.
Business Development Services Specialist
- Master’s degree in business administration, private sector development, or related field required.
- Minimum five years of experience working on donor-funded projects related to microfinance, business development services, or related sector.
- Experience facilitating access to commercial credit for small businesses and entrepreneurs and enhancing SME creditworthiness through BDS training.
- Ability to assess the capabilities of Kenyan business service providers.
- Experience identifying and introducing sustainable financing/credit for WASH service providers preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with internationally recognized business services best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of the Kenyan private sector.
Master’s degree in public health, nutrition, or related field required.
Minimum five years of progressively responsible work experience with nutrition, preferably in WASH-focused programs
Proven record in successful delivery of technical assistance
Strong understanding of the nutrition and WASH challenges in Kenya
Experience working collaboratively with the Government of Kenya, international donors, and local
Demonstrated ability to integrate nutrition and WASH services preferred
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, epidemiology, statistics, research methods, or related field required.
Minimum five years of WASH program evaluation and performance measurement experience.
Familiarity with USAID WASH indicators and reporting requirements.
Success establishing indicators and monitoring, evaluating, and reporting systems.
For all position, candidates must be fluent in English. Experience working in the WASH sector preferred.
Send resumes and cover letters to [email protected] by February 20, 2014.
Please indicate which position the application is for in the e-mail subject line.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Only finalists will be contacted.