Chef Job Vacancy in Kenya
Reports to: House Owner
Job Purpose: To manage and coordinate the operations of the kitchen in a manner that ensures consistently high culinary, safety and hygiene standards are maintained and operational costs are contained.
- Consistently high culinary standards maintained at all times.
- Ensure Standards of service in line with expectations are high.
- Hygiene and safety standards documented implemented and maintained.
- Up to date SOPs displayed and in use in the kitchen at all times
- Accurate stock taking and returns
- Wastage / losses kept to a minimum
- Guest (Staff) complaints kept at a minimum
- Develop and implement kitchen performance standards and other specifications in line with best practice and ensure compliance to such standards by the kitchen team.
- Be able to follow recipes
- Continually monitor and control the usage of supplies and operating equipment
- Ensure correct portioning, quality and proper presentation of food to the guests and home owners.
- Monitor and ensure hygiene and safety standards are maintained within the kitchen, check the cleaning activities in the Kitchen and personal hygiene at all times
- In liaison with maintenance, coordinate timely repairs of faulty equipment
- Be hospitable & able to arrange meals at short notice for a large group of guests.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Diploma/Certificate in food production from Utalii College or equivalent
- 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Specialised training on different cuisines especially Indian, Italian and Asian.