Chef and Housekeeping Supervisor Jobs in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 8, 2014
Our client, a boutique hotel in Nairobi is looking to fill the following positions:
Responsible for the, menu, cooking, and ensuring quality of all foods served in the hotel and undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare the menu of the day.
- Prepare all food ordered by the guests.
- Ensure that the Kitchen is clean at all times.
- Supervise the cooks and all kitchen staff.
- Take stock of all kitchen ware and food stuff on daily basis.
- Take responsibility of all kitchen ware and food staff.
- Initiate the requisitioning of all the requirements for the Kitchen.
- Supervise all Kitchen staff
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Food and Beverage Supervisor.
- Grade C or above in Kenya Secondary School Certificate of Education.
- Certificate in food production and kitchen operation.
- 5 years’ experience as a chef in a busy high standard hotel.
Responsible for tidiness, cleanliness, and setting of the guest rooms, conference room, board room, as well as all public areas and undertake the following tasks:
- Assign duties to stewards and laundry staff of the hotel.
- Supervise all Stewards and laundry staff of the hotel.
- Take stock and ensure that rooms are well cleaned.
- Ensure that all facilities (gym, steam rooms, conference rooms, board rooms, offices, and staff house) are tidy and cleaned every day.
- Ensure that all public areas, (ladies, gents, corridors, etc.) are set and cleaned every day
- Maintain the duty roaster of all stewards and laundry staff.
- Ensure safety of all keys for rooms, public areas and staff house.
- Ensure that all doors and windows of all rooms, public areas are closed when not in use.
- Ensure that all laundry is delivered and collected on time.
- Carry out any other relevant duty assigned by the Executive Director and/or General Manager.
- Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
- Three years working experience in housekeeping.
- Working experience in Computer software including: word processing, spread sheet, and internet.
- Knowledge of a hotel computerized management system.
Interested candidates should send their application and must indicate current/last salary and expected salary with a copy of their CV to [email protected] before 8th February 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.