CHAK Program Officer Job in Kenya – Mombasa TB Control Project
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 19, 2014
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
Vacancy: Program Officer - Mombasa TB Control Project
CHAK is seeking to recruit 2 Health professionals with experience within Mombasa County for a two-year TB prevention and control project to be implemented within Mombasa County.
The project is funded by the Global Fund through AMREF and implemented in collaboration with MOH and County TB Control Programs.
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the successful candidates will be expected to:-
- Mobilize and organize for community meetings for the purpose of implementing the project activities.
- Work with the Sub-county, and the County TLCs and the other CHMT to ensure the project activities are aligned with sub-county and county Health plans and get full support of the Health authorities.
- Support CHEWs and CHWs to put in place functional cough monitoring and diagnostic support for TB intensive case finding at the community level.
- Continuously strengthen the facility based TB screening in the HIV treatment centers and integration of TB screening in health facilities
- Provide mentorship and supportive supervision to strengthen TB case finding,contact tracing, and defaulter tracking.
- Liaise and work with the Laboratory technicians, the CHWs and the CHEWs to ensure that Sputum specimen transport network is functional and the results turn-around-time is efficient
- Provide mentorship and supportive supervision on TB intensive case finding, infection prevention, and M&E
- Ensure adequate supply of the TB screening and reporting tools and their appropriate use.
- Make regular monthly/quarterly project activity reports in collaboration with M&E officer
Qualification and Experience:
- University degree in Community Health, Nursing, Clinical Medicine or Public Health.
- Diploma in KRCHN, RCO and PHO with substantial field based experience in community health project implementation will also be considered.
- Experience in working along the model of the Community Health Strategy, engaging CHWs, CSOs and religious organizations, the sub-county (DHMTs) and county health management teams(CHMTs)
- Demonstrable experience and proficiency in working in HIV/TB infection prevention and treatment programs and hands on experience in TB defaulter & contact tracing and intensive case finding at the community and facility levels.
- Familiarity and experience working within and with the communities of Mombasa County will be an added advantage.
Application & closing date:
All applications should be submitted by post, hand delivery or email by 25th March 2014 to the contacts below.
Applications should include copies of relevant certificates and contacts of 2 referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The General Secretary, CHAK
P. O. Box 30690, 00100,
P. O. Box 30690, 00100,
Tel: 0733-334419, 0722-203617