Cellulant Quality Assurance Engineer Job in Kenya
We are the mobile commerce partner of choice and our goal is to connect all of our corporate customers, including e.g. the top Pan African banks, various merchants, to the richest mobile commerce ecosystem in Africa, helping them provide better communication, and more services, and more value to their end consumers.
- Create, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned software systems to ensure compliance with software and system specifications and testing standards.
- Conduct Test case review meetings with developers
- Execute testing activities that ensure applications and products meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfil end user requirements and provide a great customer experience.
- Ensure changes made to requirements are translated into test plans and that there is requirements traceability across the whole project.
- Participate in planning, estimating and scheduling activities of new projects and ensure that all testing activities are done within the set schedule.
- Document all testing results, assign severity to defects and follow through on the bug-fix cycle.
- Identify and analyse defects/test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure.
- Identify areas for test improvement through analysis, experience and use of metrics.
- Communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with developers to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention throughout the development process.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with peers in Product Development, Project Management, Software development, Client Services and with external clients.
- Arrange, prepare and execute training for other team members.
- Identify training needs for self
- Research on QA tools and processes that improve the software testing methodology.
- Assist in continual improvement of software QA processes.
- Diploma or Degree in IT, Computer Science or related fields of study.
- A minimum 2 years of experience in software quality assurance.
- Exposure in design disciplines and processes, such as client server solution architecture, MVC Models, OOP or High performance solutions.
- Experience in QA processes
- Experience in testing tools
- Experience in test automation and testing methodologies.
- Experience in at least 1 backend programming languages e.g. Java, C, C++, C#, Perl, Python, VB.Net, shell etc.
- Experience in at least 1 presentation languages e.g. ASP, PHP, Ruby, JSP etc.
- Experience in at least 1 database management systems e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Postgresql, and SQLite, MS-SQL etc.
- Experience in data and database design standards and processes
- Experience in customer engagement and Issue resolution.
- Experience in Office Tools for publishing and presentation preparation. In depth understanding of spreadsheet manipulation and reporting.
- Experience in system support, support processes, tools and reports.
[email protected] indicating the job title applied for by 16th December 2013.