Cellulant Digital Banking Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 11, 2013
Cellulant is a mobile commerce company. It operates Africa’s number one mobile commerce network and aims to connect 100 million customers to its mobile commerce ecosystem.
Cellulant was founded in 2003 and has currently operations in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana and every year moving into new countries.
We are the mobile commerce partner of choice and our goal is to connect all of our corporate customers, including e.g. the top Pan African banks, various merchants, to the richest mobile commerce ecosystem in Africa, helping them provide better communication, and more services, and more value to their end consumers.
To be able to meet these aggressive growth expectations we need to grow our dynamic team.
We are recruiting a highly motivated Digital Banking Manager keen to utilize his/her existing skills and develop new ones that will enable him/her to add to the success of the organization as well as his/her own.
We invite you to be part of that growth.
Manager – Digital Banking
To drive the digital banking business with a cluster of banks:
- Establish Cellulant as the number one digital banking player in the market
- Create strong and long lasting partnerships with key banks
- Increasing usage of services (consumer activation)
- Build and mentor one of the digital banking teams (P&L responsibility
Key Result Areas
Customer relationship management & Business development
- Develop and drive digital banking strategy with your cluster of banks
- Build and maintain strong and trustworthy relationships with key customer at management level (e.g. Channel manager; Product manager) to establish Cellulant as the partner of choice for mobile commerce.
- Bring in market insights and key customers long term needs regarding m-commerce
- Ensure a continuous roadmap of off the self and new products per key customer
- Increase usage of services, e.g. by activating consumers, adding new services, direct marketing, improving processes and technology
- In short: increase bottom line results for Cellulant Kenya (P&L responsibility)
Leading & Capacity Building
- Build, lead and mentor one of the digital banking teams to sell, roll out and support digital banking services to banks.
- Improve quality, productivity and efficiency to ensure costs are in line with budget plans.
Governance: Operating Structures and Controls
- Comply and improve governance structures required to effectively manage, control and improve consumer experience; customer engagement; trustworthy behaviour resulting in increased revenue, e.g.:
- Engagement with customers;
- Launch of new products; Business Support for collections, pricing, business insights and reporting
- Service Management & Project delivery
- Ensure service management standards are met and service management processes are followed by working closely with Kenya Head of Technology who is primary responsible for overall service management.
- Manage delivery process to ensure timely and high quality delivery of new products, e.g. deployment of digital banking; new services such as mpayments
- Manage required internal relationships to ensure prioritisation and sufficient resources
- 6 – 10 years in consulting/business development/entrepreneur
- Strong at building partnerships with key stakeholder in banks
- Must have managed a team for a minimum of 3 years
- Has had P&L responsibility
- Knows how to manage a team to get things done: planning, follow through, think in solutions and alternatives
- Analytical/comfortable with understanding data to e.g. build business cases and drive daily increase of service update
- Hungry for and proven track record of increasing revenue
- Strong analytical and solutioning/consulting skills
- Understands and acts based on dynamics in mobile commerce, banking and payments/merchants sectors
- Must have experience or interest in mobile technology and products
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CVs and a convincing cover letter to [email protected] indicating the job title applied for by 20th December 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.