CCTV Job Kenya – Technician Nairobi
Category: Technician Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jul 16, 2013
Salary KShs 20,000
Top choice surveillance Ltd is located in Westlands and is a distributor of CCTV & related security products in Kenya.
We are in one of the fastest growing industries and we are looking for experienced CCTV and access control system installers. Position will consist of designing, installing, troubleshooting, programming and starting up commercial CCTV and access control systems in the local market.
We are looking for an experienced and vibrant young person.
Duties and responsibilities
- Install and configure Access Control Systems, Analog & IP CCTV Systems, DVR’s & NVR’s, Telephone Entry Systems and associated structured cabling
- Integrate CCTV, access control systems and other electronic systems through installation, software, certification, service and maintenance
- Plan, analyse and design detailed schematics, wire diagrams and site plans and implement, test, and troubleshoot systems.
- Coordinate and conduct customer site surveys and technical Implementation of systems with the company and customer contacts.
- Provide systems engineering support, technical expertise and support direct interaction with customers.
- Verify designed systems and assess installed system performance and operation through documented testing protocols, terminations, customer requirements, and troubleshooting.
- Make recommendations to improve system performance.
- Recommend solutions to installation and customer delivery problems.
- Lead working groups and must be able to perform independently and within groups and responsibility for assigned personnel. .
- Additional duties include communicating project status, deliverables, priorities, and contingencies.
- Participates in bid and proposal system design, technical writing, and other assigned efforts.
- Produce cost models, bills of materials, and field documentation as required.
- Experience in installation of CCTV and access control systems in commercial environment.
- Diploma in engineering/instrumentation or equivalent experience
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and schematics.
- Functional and technical skills, action oriented, electronic systems knowledge and strong verbal communication, a must.
- Knowledge of computer networks, switches, IP addresses, routers, and modems.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and confined spaces, be comfortable working on step ladders, extension ladders ability to routinely lift, push, or pull packages of up to 25kg.
- Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and ability to work alone.
- Able to identify, and resolve complex issues.
- Certificate of good conduct
Qualified person with the required skills are invited to submit an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, three work related referees and contact details to [email protected]