Catholic Diocese of Marsabit Development Coordinator Job in Kenya
Key Accountabilities Principals
- Overall development, management and coordination of the Diocesan development and humanitarian programmes
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with development partners ensuring strict compliance with Diocesan and donor policies and standards and procurement procedures.
- Ensure that Diocesan donor funds are used in the most effective way, demonstrating good stewardship of resources and compliance with Diocesan and donor policies and procedures including procurement procedures.
- Lead and manage programme staff; including appropriate capacity building and systematic empowerment according to Diocesan management standards and staff policies, so that staff the effectiveness of the team is achieved.
- To promote the mission, vision and philosophy of the Diocese and participate in its social responsibility activities.
- Plan project activities, co-ordinate and develop an operational plan of activities to attain the programme’s objectives
- Formulate policies for the projects’ operation
- Coordinate and supervise the work of full time staff and the community-based Project Implementation Committee (PIC)
- Establish, maintain, coordinate and develop links and services between the project, partners and relevant stakeholders
- Manage the day to day administration of the field office, including staff supervision and development, routine correspondence, purchasing, invoicing and cash control, statutory requirements, grants and preparation and control of the project’s budget
- Is responsible for proper use, maintenance and control of all project assets
- Minimum of a Degree in social science or related field. MA degree shall be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience with three of those in a team management role.
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Must have knowledge and experience in community participatory approaches
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and Ethical principles
- Group facilitation skills an added advantage
Catholic Diocese of Marsabit
To reach him on or before 6th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted