Carpentry and Joinery Trainer Job in Kenya – CAP Youth Empowerment Institute
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
About the Position: Successful candidate will be posted in one of the Centres as a Carpentry & Joinery Facilitator. The right candidate must be self-driven who can work with minimal Supervision. He/she will be tasked to train the youth on Carpentry & Joinery as well as getting placements and internships for them.
- Take responsibility for the quality of teaching delivered.
- To act as a personal tutor to CAP students.
- Plan for the field visits for the trainees, exposure visits for the trainees and bring in the guest lectures.
- Developing, customizing and Delivering Carpentry & Joinery curriculum.
- Assist students get internships and placements.
- Link the youth with potential employers.
- Adequately equipping the students with Carpentry & Joinery skills.
- Assist in the design and preparation of materials, resources and information to support program delivery.
- Carry out monitoring, guidance, support and mentoring of the learners and take action as required.
- Source for mentors for the young people.
- At least One (1) year working experience in the field of carpentry and joinery.
- Must be mature and with the right attitude.
- Relevant Diploma/Certificate/trade test.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have passion of working with young people.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Networking skills a must.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.