Carlile College Director of Finance and Administration Job in Kenya
Reports to: The College Principal
Job Purpose: To manage the finances of the College and assist the principal in the administration of the College.
Background: Carlile College is an Anglican College of Higher Education and a ministry of Church Army Africa. Carlile College offers mission training for the church in 12 eastern Africa countries, and professional, technical, and vocational education to mostly people working or residing in the eastlands of Nairobi.
Whilst the College is positioning itself to become a university, it has experienced a rapid expansion in the last two years both of which have brought about an organisational restructuring resulting in the need of the office of the Director of Finance and Administration.
The position will be offered on a five year contract at a starting gross salary of not more than ksh 200,000 depending on previous pay, skills and experience.
- Ensuring that the College’s financial policies, operations and management are in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and in accord with international standards.
- Forecasting, formulating and managing budgets.
- Developing mechanisms that minimize financial risks
- Monitoring income and expenditure, and projecting cash flows
- Ensuring tight credit control and diligently managing payables
- Responsible for procurement
- Overseeing payroll
- Liaising externally with auditors, solicitors, bankers, insurers, donors, statutory organisations, vendors, service providers and internally with students and staff in all financial matters
- Producing regular and punctual financial reports for management, donors, and the College board’s finance committee.
- Preparing the financial section of grant applications and ensuring all donor reporting requirements and other funding conditions are met.
- Overseeing administration of HR including maintaining personnel files, responsibility for performance management, overseeing recruitment and orientation of new staff etc.
- Ensuring purchasing and maintaining of relevant insurances.
- Ensuring the filing of statutory returns and the College’s compliance to any other legal requirements.
- Maintaining accurate and current records on contracts/agreements and ensuring compliance
- Managing the finance department and supervising the IT, Student Affairs, and College Officer’s departments.
- Planning and organising management, board and board committee meetings.
- Developing and co-ordinating an ICT strategy throughout the College which serves administrative, academic, and student needs.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong organisational, management and time-management skills.
- An MBA degree.
- A CPA holder.
- A Minimum of 10 years working experience in financial management with organisations with a turn-over of ksh 100 million and above.
- A Minimum of 5 years’ experience in administration including dealing with HR and HR related in institution of more than 50 full-time staff.
- Competency in finance and office software including quick books, designing spreadsheets, database forms etc.
- Previous work in a related institution will be a significant advantage.
- Demonstrable Christian faith and church commitment (preferably Anglican).