Care International Somalia Jobs – Garowe Puntland
Care International Somalia Jobs : Team Leader WASH Job in Garowe Puntland
Care International Somalia is an International NGO working in Somalia. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, by empowering women and youth, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance.
Care International Somalia is one of the few agencies who have worked continually in Somalia since 1981 – with only a short break in the early 1990’s.
Since 1991 Somalia has been plagued by on-going conflict.
Nearly 350,000 people have fled the country, 250,000 people have been forced from their homes and more than a million people are living in desperate need.
Independent regional governments have been set up in Somaliland and Puntland, but neither have the money to provide services, like schools and hospitals, that people need.
Care International Somalia Jobs
Care International Somalia program is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Team Leader WASH to be based in Garowe – Puntland with frequent travel to project sites depending on security conditions.
- A degree in civil/water engineering, Public health/environmental health or any related field with significant relevant experience.
- Over 3 years experience in a project or project management setting. At least 5 years experience working in conflict/post conflict context, with preferred work experience in Somalia.
- Strong experience in policy and networking with government and other actors at different level.
- Demonstrated experience in development and recovery programming, project assessments, problem analysis and project design.
- Proven capacity of managing programs through partnerships.
- Strong gender and conflict analysis skills, and the ability to articulate and design programs using a rights based approach.
- Proven budgeting and financial management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and coach field staff.
Care International Somalia