CARANA Corporation Recruitment: Chief of Party (Uganda)
CARANA Corporation, a contractor for USAID, designs and directs innovative economic growth strategies to help countries and businesses compete globally, reducing poverty and raising living standards around the world. For 25 years, we have specialized in market-led solutions to development challenges in more than 80 countries, packaging our expertise with on-the-ground resources for continuing, cost-effective results.
CARANA is seeking dynamic and innovative professionals for Chief of Party positions for several, upcoming multi-million dollar USAID-funded agricultural and food security related projects in Malawi and Uganda. The various projects will focus on providing a comprehensive and multi-sectoral approach to poverty, food insecurity and nutrition by increasing the competiveness of the private sector, reducing poverty and increasing food security through the development of competitive agricultural value chains that engage the poor. Interventions may include farmer and producer organization capacity building; utilizing information and communications technology innovations; and the disbursement of grants for innovation.
Candidates for these positions should be senior level experts with a proven track record of successfully implementing and managing food security and agricultural value chain development projects on the African continent. The COP will be responsible for oversight of the entire project, and will be required to work with various stakeholders, including high level government officials, and lead technical programmatic activities in one or more of the following areas:
- Farmer Association Building
- Agricultural and Food Production
- Nutritional Surveys
- Nutritional Education (including empowering women/children/youth through community-based interventions)
- Post-harvest handling of staple crops or fruits/vegetables
- Market Information Systems
- Agriculture Inputs
- Trade related SPS standards and quality management systems
- Transport and Logistics
Chief of Party minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree in agriculture, business, trade or other relevant graduate degree;
- At least 10 years of technical or managerial experience in value chain development programs in developing country contexts;
- Demonstrated excellent communications and writing ability and superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Extensive knowledge of USAID administrative and procurement practices;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing alliances with the private sector and counterparts at the highest levels of government;
- Familiarity with the social-economic landscape of East and Southern Africa is preferred; and
- Previous COP experience in Africa is preferred.
To apply: click on the following link to our consultant registry http://carana.resume-management.com/apply and select “Chief of Party – Malawi and Uganda” from the drop down menu of current open positions.
This announcement is for positions pending funding.
We appreciate all responses, but due to the high volume of resumes received, we will only contact those applicants whose qualifications best match the position requirements. No phone calls please. CARANA is an EOE